Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Sounding Off

Music info and commentary

Friday, April 27, 2007



FESTIVAL FEVER

Couldn't make it to the Coachella festival this weekend in California? Are you doubtful for Tennessee’s Bonnaroo fest in June?

Fear not, Jersey-based music fan: Much closer to home, and featuring some of the same stars as Coachella and Bonnaroo, is another big-time event: the Virgin Festival, taking place Aug. 4 and 5 at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore.

Artists recently added to Baltimore's second-ever Virgin Festival include Modest Mouse (above), Cheap Trick, Amy Winehouse, Chris Cornell and TV on the Radio. The Virgin lineup also features The Police, Smashing Pumpkins, Spoon, Wu Tang Clan and Fountains of Wayne.

Tickets go on sale May 5. That also happens to be the opening of the two-day Bamboozle festival at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford.

The Jersey Shore's own Status Green is on the Bamboozle '07 bill, as well as fellow Garden State-bred bands My Chemical Romance and New Atlantic. Other acts include Taking Back Sunday, Boys Like Girls, Linkin Park and Cute Is What We Aim For.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ericsmusic said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Ericsmusic said...

The Bamboozle Concert's line up is pretty sick this year. Although, I think that having MC Hammer on the bill kinda throws things off for me. I mean, you have mostly punk rock/pop punk bands and then you have, Hammer?

Oh well, at any rate I can't wait to go I have a day pass for the opening day and me and my friend are going. I have an extra pass if anyone would like to tag along who doesn't already have a ticket.

I Just post my extra day pass on matchActivity.com to see who would like to join us for Bamboozle music festival: Bamboozle Concert Pass

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home